6 Reasons To Love Date Night IN
disclosure: from time to time I get to partner with an awesome brand and while Dr.Oetker is sponsoring me, all opinions and ideas are my own.
When was the last time you were alone with your husband? Like really alone, for some one-on-one time. I can’t remember either. I feel like lately we’re on different schedules. The kids have been off school all week for winter break and then we had a last minute house guest for the week. It’s been a crowded house for sure. I’ve taken matters into my own hands and made plans for the kids to go to Gramma’s house for the night. We’re exhausted and the last thing I want to do is get dressed up and go out or pack a bag and leave. That’s right, we’re staying in. Here are 6 reasons to love date night IN.
- Go for a long walk- and hold hands. We may be able to farm out the kids for the night but we won’t be able to get rid of the dog. Truth be told, the dog is the only ‘kid’ I don’t mind cuddling with while he snores on my lap. Fresh air does wonders for the body and mind and I can’t remember the last time we went for a walk and had no where to go.
- Enjoy the silence- of your own house. Remember the days before having kids. Yeah, me neither. I’ve forgotten that our home could be so still. One day when all the kids are grown and moved out, it will be quiet again but for one night, I’ll bask in the silence of only hearing my own footsteps and no yelling.
- Eat what you want- when you want. Dinner for two is suddenly a breeze, dare I say a pleasure when you can grab your favourite foods like veggies, hummus, chips, chocolate, olives, pickles. The main course of choice is pizza and Dr.Oetker’s brand new Ristorante Ultra Thin Crust pizzas come in a variety of flavours. We can each pick our own like capicollo, kale bacon & ricotta or spinach & provolone. The best thin crust pizza I’ve ever had and cooking it ourselves means we can eat at 6pm or at midnight, in BED!
- Sleep in your own bed- and leave the bedroom door open! As much as I like a nice hotel room, the bed is never as comfortable as my own and the pillows are always lumpy. Put fresh sheets on the bed and it’ll feel like it’s brand new.
- Catch up- on all the shows piling up on your neglected PVR. Cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and a bowl of popcorn and binge watch all the shows you can’t get to because the kids are watching cartoon characters fight dragons for the 100th time.
- Find the romance- all over again. Romance isn’t dead, it’s just in storage, so dig it out and dust it off. Pour a hot bath for two, drop some essential oils in it, dim the lights and soak it all in. Read a book out loud to each other, talk about what your dream vacation would look like or just stare at each other in silence. Sigh. How lovely.
Ultimately, as long as we’re together and alone, date night in will be ah-mazing. So gather some of your favourite things and find some time to connect together over good food, a good sleep and good laughs because sometimes the best dates are a date night in.